Looking to Extend Dry January? Builden’s Got Your Recipe Search Covered
In an effort to extend Dry January a bit longer, the Builden team came together via Zoom to share mocktail recipes they found or created for the event.
The creations varied from fully garnished non-alcoholic Moscow Mules to fresh ideas incorporating citrus, honey, mangos, black pepper, kombucha and pomegranate seeds into a variety of sparkling waters.
Team members discussed the unexpected – and often positive – activities that have become habits since the beginning of quarantine and reflected on the interesting year that was 2020.
Below are two of the team’s favorite mocktail recipes:
Non-Alcoholic Moscow Mule
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup club soda
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 1 Tbs simple syrup
- ¾ cup non-alcoholic ginger beer
To prepare non-alcoholic Moscow mule:
- Pour juice from lime, simple syrup and club soda in the bottom of a glass.
- Add mint leaves.
- Fill glass halfway with ice.
- Pour ginger beer over ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Ginger Cardamom Fizz
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3-4 black cardamom pods
- 1 liter club soda or mineral water
- Fresh lime wedges for zest, juice and garnish
To prepare ginger cardamom syrup:
- Bring water, sugar, ginger and cardamom pods to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Take the syrup off the heat and cover with a lid and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a jar or container.
- Refrigerate syrup until ready to mix your mocktail.
To prepare the drink:
- Add ice cubes to a rocks glass.
- Add ¼ cup ginger cardamom syrup over the ice.
- Top off with soda water or mineral water.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime juice, lime zest and stir to combine.