Media Relations Assistant
Builden Partners seeks a Media Relations Assistant to advance the tactical efforts of the public relations and marketing communications strategy we deliver for our growing list of law firm clients.
This position is currently remote with the expectation of being in our office in the Chicago Loop 3-4 times a month.
Builden Partners is changing the way law firms think about marketing. Based in Chicago, our unique marketing infrastructure model resonates with attorneys and has put us on a tremendous growth trajectory for the coming years. Our clients range from premier legal boutiques to global powerhouses.
The Media Relations Assistant will play a number of critical roles at Builden Partners as we grow our media relations service offering while continuing to support marketing including:
- Support public relations initiatives including:
- Creating and maintaining tailored media lists reaching national and regional reporters at legal, business and trade media
- Developing relationships with media outlets, editors and reporters
- Drafting compelling media pitches that offer lawyers as sources for commentary
- Earning press placements by way of quotes and byline placements
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Assembling press coverage recaps
- Monitoring media for breaking news, hot topics and industry trends
- Drafting multiple types of content including:
- Website and social media copy
- Marketing materials, including client alerts and newsletters
- Internal communications
- Award submissions, including award and list tracking management
- Delivering support for digital marketing projects including:
- E-blasts and other digital communication
- Social media post coordination and metrics analysis
- Conducting secondary research for marketing projects such as:
- Market intelligence by region or practice group
- Speaking engagements
The right candidate:
- Has 1-2 years of experience in a PR agency or professional services setting, or has completed a writing-intensive or PR internship
- Has a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, business or a related field
- Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Has a demonstrated ability to pull information from multiple sources and synthesize content into well-constructed deliverables like creative media pitches and press releases
- Has a hunger for securing earned placements for clients and is comfortable picking up the phone to call reporters, as well as following-up by email, to secure results
- Is technologically savvy with PR tools like Cision, as well as social media platforms
- Is driven by intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn and be in-the-know about the legal industry and related industry verticals
- Is interested in B2B media relations
- Is highly focused, organized and enjoys working within our process-driven model
- Is extremely detail-oriented and willing to proof deliverables multiple times to ensure the highest-quality content, as lawyers and law firms often expect flawless deliverables
- Can work independently, prioritize multiple projects and manage time effectively
- Will thrive in our fast-paced culture
- Wants to learn and develop as a media relations and marketing communications professional
Builden Partners core values:
- We value growth and professional development for ourselves, our clients and the professional services marketing community.
- We are intensely detail oriented and use processes to ensure best practices are implemented consistently.
- We value the insights all of us bring, while having fun and supporting each other professionally and personally.
What you can expect of Builden Partners:
- The chance to become involved in a fast-growing business
- The opportunity to work with a smart, committed, energetic team
- Competitive salary
- Benefits, including health care and 401K packages
- Tremendous growth opportunities for exceptional performers
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org