When it comes to law firm operations, many firms settle for “good enough” rather than improving the day-to-day functions that ensure maximum profit. Outdated systems and processes often hamper firm productivity, putting an even heavier lift on attorneys and taking time away from billable work.
From technology frustrations to staffing issues, Builden understands the challenges faced by firm administrators who shoulder operational duties with limited time to spend strategizing around each one.
The solution: Builden Legal Operations Audits
Builden’s Legal Operations Audits improve administrative processes and uncovers effective solutions that save law firms time and money.
Our process-driven approach revamps outdated thinking and infrastructure, creating efficiencies and allowing firms to run more smoothly — typically without increasing staff or expenses.
Our audits focus on these five critical areas of law firm operations:
Structure and culture
- Assessing firm governance and structure, strategic planning, succession planning and firm longevity measures
- Reviewing all written policies and procedures, including administrative, financial and technology-related
- Updating and developing policies and procedures, such as remote work programs, billing standards and employee handbooks
- Reviewing associate development and retention strategies, employee engagement efforts and annual review processes
- Assessing financial infrastructure, billing processes and collection efforts
- Offering budgeting and forecasting guidance
- Reviewing commercial insurance programs
- Advising on technology infrastructure, applications and cybersecurity best practices
Facility and vendor review
- Evaluating vendor contracts and facility management, including lease negotiations and space reconfigurations
Our team begins the audit process with individual interviews to create a baseline of firm needs. We next evaluate firm policies and procedures, contracts, insurance policies, security information, annual review templates and other essential documents.
From this we develop a holistic, actionable evaluation of the firm that includes current strengths, quick wins for immediate impact and long-term goals, helping position law firms for success for decades to come.